New Tack Events is a marine industry based management services company, focused on providing consultancy and delivery of marine based events and projects.
Established by Directors Jav Greaves and Olympic Gold Medallist Mark Turnbull OAM, New Tack Events has strong experience in large and small scale yachting, boating and community events, as well as project consultation and development to the leisure, marina, resort and hotel industries.
Between them, directors Jav Greaves and Mark Turnbull have over 30 years of specialist expertise, including; major event management and delivery, marina development consultancy, marketing consulting, project management and campaign management.
Past events include International, Australian and Victorian yachting regattas as well as corporate sailing and team building days, and charity boating events.
New Tack is focused on assisting Clubs and Associations to identify and acquire feature regattas, and to assist the stakeholders to turn these ‘regattas’ into ‘events’ that return an economic and social benefit to stakeholders, local community and the boating industry.
Current Projects Include;
- Festival of Sails
- ISAF Sailing World Cup – Melbourne
- International 14 World Championships
- Variety Splash
- Mariner Boating Holidays
- Simply Business Australia
Previous Projects Include:
- Melges 24 World Championships 2014 – Event Management
- TP52 Regatta Circuit – Event Management
- Airlie Beach Race Week – Event Management consultancy
- Rotary Port Phillip Regatta – Feasibility Report
- Oracle Team USA – 2012 Northern Hemisphere winter training ground investigation / feasibility report
- Sail Melbourne – Chairman
- Volvo Ocean Race – Melbourne Stopover Operations Director
- Sandringham Yacht Club Redevelopment (FMP2) – Project Management
- Audi Docklands Invitational Shoreside – Event Management