Since 1844, the Festival of Sails has played a key part in the Victorian and Australian yachting calendar. Highly competitive and diverse, the event caters to all levels of sailing from high performance racing machines to family cruisers.
Evolving over the years, to culminate in its’ current format, the Festival of Sails is an iconic and fun-filled event. It offers something that no other regatta in Australia does, combining first-class racing with a brilliant Shoreside Festival, which sees 100,000 visitors flock to the stunning Geelong waterfront to soak up the summer atmosphere.
Visitors to Geelong and local residents come together to celebrate the Australia Day Long Weekend, with an abundance of activity and entertainment. With heaps of live music, art and craft stalls, a regional summer boat show, family friendly activities, FREE on and off the water come ‘n’ try activities, Discover Sailing, food and wine stalls, there is something different to experience and enjoy each day.
Whether you are a sailor, or prefer your feet on more solid ground and are looking for a fun way to entertain the family on the Australia Day long weekend, this event provides something for everyone to enjoy.
New Tack has been engaged by the Royal Geelong Yacht Club (RGYC) since 2010 to deliver the iconic Festival of Sails in the picturesque city of Geelong.
The areas under New Tack’s control are;
- Event design & development
- Government contracts (State Government of Victoria and City of Greater Geelong)Event Marketing & Communication
- All aspects of the Shoreside Festival including operations / logistics, entertainment, stallholders & exhibitors
- Corporate Hospitality, Sponsor & Stakeholder engagement
- Marine based sponsorship
- Working with RGYC on the event’s feature events strategy, ensuring the Festival of Sails attracts a ‘Feature Regatta’ every three years (this includes World and National Championships)
For more information visit www.festivalofsails.com.au.